Staying fit and healthy is easy !
Working professionals find it especially difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle. A fit and healthy life can only be achieved by persistent efforts. A little bit of preparation can help to stay healthy no matter how hectic or busy the schedule gets.
While working in office the brain is using up a significant amount of body energy. One may find reaching for snacks like chips, chocolates, fried snacks and other unhealthy eatables, which are a potential threat to fitness. There are some easy diet and workout tips that can be followed while working in the office :
1. Stay Hydrated: Keep a bottle of water on your desk at all times. Drinking water is one of the easiest ways to subdue those hunger pangs.
2. Stock Up On Nuts and Seeds: One of the best ways to stop unhealthy food cravings is to keep a box of healthy nuts and seeds on your work desk. So the next time you feel your mind thinking about a crispy, hot samosa, quickly munch on some almonds or walnuts.
3. Never Skip Breakfast: Skipping breakfast is a cardinal sin. Breakfast keeps you focused at work and prevents hunger pangs. Those who skip breakfast often tend to overeat during lunch at work. If you don't have time for breakfast make sure you pack drinkable oats at night to eat while travelling.
4. Avoid Sugary Beverages: As far as is possible, drink your coffee or tea without sugar, or if you can't do that, try and keep your sugar intake to a bare minimum.
5. Walk, walk and walk: Avoid taking escalators and lifts as much as possible. If possible have standing/walking meetings
6. 5 minutes meditation and desk exercise : Take out 5 minutes during working hours for meditation/desk exercises.This not only relaxes your mind and body but also energizes for next few hours
7. Fix a workout routine either in morning or evening : a 15 min workout or stretching exercise done daily is better than 1 hour workout done once a week. Follow a daily workout routine even if it's for 15 mins
8. Plan In Advance: In order to stay fit, you will have to plan your meals in advance. Count the number of calories you should ideally be consuming every day and prepare your mid-meal snacks accordingly. Time your mid-meal break right so that you don't end up on a binge during lunch and dinner. Never drink coffee during lunch time and keep a gap of at least two hours between your coffee break and your meals.