Lohri, Pongal, Makar Sankranti, Bihu - these harvest festivals from all corners of India strengthen your bodies and mind.
Here are some top things that you can indulge in during these festivals for a healthy body and mind:
1. Soak in the sunlight, practice surya namaskar: This gives your body the required vitamin D and strengthens your immunity
2. Have Chikki, Gajak, Laddo and Pongal - Bring on that chikki, gajak, ladoo, pongal and yes, have it exactly the way it is meant to be - with family, friends,laughter and in generous doses. They are good source of iron, calcium, omega3 fatty acids and basically all things good
3. Sarson ka Saag and Makki di Roti: This meal is rich in antioxidants. Helps in detoxification and has anti-Inflammatory property. The meal is heart-healthy, rich in dietary fiber, good for bone health and weight loss
4. Khichdi: The ultimate Indian comfort food, khichdi, has many nourishing and healing powers. Don't forget to add a dollop of ghee to make it healthier
5. Peanuts: Peanuts are a good source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Make sure to relish peanuts. They also contain plenty of potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, and vitamin B.
6. Lots of laughter, family/friends time : This increases the endorphin-levels and strengthens the mind and immune system
Have a healthy and happy Lohri, Pongal, Makar Sankranti and Bihu :-)