9 Tips To Stop Dreading Monday Forever - Worth a Try!
Monday can, in fact, not suck. Monday can be amazing. It can be stress-free, productive without causing hair loss, and, believe it or not, you can actually look forward to it.
The drudgery and toil of a Monday work day may make even the most enthusiastic person cringe a bit.
Here are some eight tips to make your Monday enjoyable and stress-free. These apply to everyone -- whether you're working from home or going into the office, or maybe doing the daily routine of housework and kids.
- Do something weekend-ish on Monday :Go to happy hour, meet a friend (you don't work with), have game night, go on a date or go to a fun event like a movie or festival. Our brains get in extreme Monday mode and we overdo our efforts to get "caught up" and be super efficient. On Monday, do something you would normally reserve for weekends. Your Monday brain may go into shock, but you'll be proud.
- Wear something new or dress up.I know you've heard that dressing for the role will help you perform better and I hope you believe it.This makes you feel like you are ready for Monday and excited to start the week.
- Eat something different.At times, our dissatisfaction comes from our monotonous patterns. Guess what? You're the owner of your life and if you want something to change, you need to make it happen. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or a snack at work, treat yourself to something brand new. Make it exotic, tasty and satisfying. These are the small things that get you moving through the day with a smile on your face
- Hydrate... in a fun way. This may sound basic and even off topic but in real it works beautifully. Most people do not drink enough water. With the stress of a job, tending to clients, selling, answering phones and emails or whatever your job may entail, we often get distracted and simply forget! Keep water by you at all times and spice it up with something fun. Infuse it with fruits, cucumbers or lemons or some herbs like tulsi or spearmint . Your brain will operate more smoothly and you'll feel better overall moving Monday up on the awesome scale.
- Change up the music selection. Create a brand new playlist or listen to your favorite song from 10 years ago. Again, these little pick me ups make all the difference. If you've never listened to music while you work, try it out.
- Add a picture to your workspace. Print a pic from your phone, pick up a frame and stick it on your desk. It could be your spouse, your pet or your favorite place you've visited. Let your eyes fall on the things that you know make you happy. Change them up every now and then. This one is golden.
- Don't scramble, just recoup.Monday snooze session. Monday traffic jam. Monday office drama. Monday to-do list that's unbelievably sky high. Monday emails. Rather than trying to do everything on Monday, organize and prioritize. Sort your emails and projects by level of importance. Plan out what you can do the next day and for the rest of the week. We're not "backed up" from the weekend. Weekend is off time! You are allowed to re-assign stuff, even if it's to yourself. The quality of your work will improveand your sanity will remain intact.
- Smile and show thanks. This is something we should do no matter where we are. Remind yourself of your opportunities and show appreciation to anyone who has helped you get there, including yourself! I like to make fun little cards for my family and friends once a week. Maybe bring in some candy or treats for the people you work with. Get the positive juices flowing and remember, karma is a real thing.
- Plan something to look forward to. Whatever it is, it doesn't have to be Monday. In fact, I would recommend planning it for mid or later in the week. It feels so nice having something fun and exciting to look forward to outside of work. It doesn't have to break the bank either. Have a family member over, visit your neighbor or play a game! It could be just playing Uno!
"Monday" isn't the same day for everyone. Maybe it's not the same day each week. Maybe it's just the day you have meetings or appointments. Either way, make it awesome. You deserve to feel happy, grateful and light every day. I promise that one or all of the above will seriously help. Good luck!
source and credits: this wonderful article appeared on huffpost. Authored by