Surya namaskar or sun salutation is a sequence of 12 powerful yoga poses, which are performed in 2 sets. This sequence of asanas energise the body and mind and provide vitality, activity, determination and clarity. It also helps to improve blood circulation.
Apart from the usual surya namaskar, we are also sharing a modified version of chair surya namaskar. This can be done while sitting on a chair.
Surya Namaskar is best done early morning on an empty stomach.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation):
- Helps maintain cardiovascular health
- Stimulates the nervous system
- Helps in stretching, flexing and toning the muscles
- An excellent exercise for weight loss management
- Strengthens the immune system
- Enhances cognitive functions
- Improves overall health, strengthens the body and relaxes the mind