After analysing a data of 90,000+ responders across various age groups in India, we saw that these are the top 20 time wasters that may end our day on an unproductive note. Check out now and save your time
At times, we all think we are bored and have nothing interesting to do.
After you see the interesting infographic below, you will know that you can do a lot and hell lot of interesting things in 5,10, 15,30 or 60+ minutes, depending on the free time you get.
Save this list and share it too. Everyone's going to love you for this
Now stop getting bored and pick up your interest from this :-)
Here are some quick tips on how to unclutter mind, stay focused and be more productive.
15 Ways to Boost Productivity. Here are 15 ways to improve and boost your product.
The key steps are below, watch out the video to know the impact they have on your productivity :
1. Write it down, 2. Cut down you to-do list, 3. Stop multi-tasking ,4. Minimize distractions, 5. Organize your workspace, 6. Track and limit how much time you're spending on tasks, 7. Embrace technology ,8. Set smart goals, 9. Choose your friends wisely, 10. Learn by yourself, 11. Develop the habit of saying no, 12. Be proactive, not reactive, 13. Don't get engaged in endless meetings, 14. Focus on results oriented activities, 15. Take care of yourself
Mother Earth nurtures us every day. Every day we all should make sure to live in a sustainable and eco-friendly way. On this Mother's Day, get a peep into Dia Mirza’s home in Mumbai, as she gives a few tips on living sustainably in our urban jungles.
Monday can, in fact, not suck. Monday can be amazing. It can be stress-free, productive without causing hair loss, and, believe it or not, you can actually look forward to it.
The drudgery and toil of a Monday work day may make even the most enthusiastic person cringe a bit.
Here are some eight tips to make your Monday enjoyable and stress-free. These apply to everyone -- whether you're working from home or going into the office, or maybe doing the daily routine of housework and kids.
- Do something weekend-ish on Monday :Go to happy hour, meet a friend (you don't work with), have game night, go on a date or go to a fun event like a movie or festival. Our brains get in extreme Monday mode and we overdo our efforts to get "caught up" and be super efficient. On Monday, do something you would normally reserve for weekends. Your Monday brain may go into shock, but you'll be proud.
- Wear something new or dress up.I know you've heard that dressing for the role will help you perform better and I hope you believe it.This makes you feel like you are ready for Monday and excited to start the week.
- Eat something different.At times, our dissatisfaction comes from our monotonous patterns. Guess what? You're the owner of your life and if you want something to change, you need to make it happen. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or a snack at work, treat yourself to something brand new. Make it exotic, tasty and satisfying. These are the small things that get you moving through the day with a smile on your face
- Hydrate... in a fun way. This may sound basic and even off topic but in real it works beautifully. Most people do not drink enough water. With the stress of a job, tending to clients, selling, answering phones and emails or whatever your job may entail, we often get distracted and simply forget! Keep water by you at all times and spice it up with something fun. Infuse it with fruits, cucumbers or lemons or some herbs like tulsi or spearmint . Your brain will operate more smoothly and you'll feel better overall moving Monday up on the awesome scale.
- Change up the music selection. Create a brand new playlist or listen to your favorite song from 10 years ago. Again, these little pick me ups make all the difference. If you've never listened to music while you work, try it out.
- Add a picture to your workspace. Print a pic from your phone, pick up a frame and stick it on your desk. It could be your spouse, your pet or your favorite place you've visited. Let your eyes fall on the things that you know make you happy. Change them up every now and then. This one is golden.
- Don't scramble, just recoup.Monday snooze session. Monday traffic jam. Monday office drama. Monday to-do list that's unbelievably sky high. Monday emails. Rather than trying to do everything on Monday, organize and prioritize. Sort your emails and projects by level of importance. Plan out what you can do the next day and for the rest of the week. We're not "backed up" from the weekend. Weekend is off time! You are allowed to re-assign stuff, even if it's to yourself. The quality of your work will improveand your sanity will remain intact.
- Smile and show thanks. This is something we should do no matter where we are. Remind yourself of your opportunities and show appreciation to anyone who has helped you get there, including yourself! I like to make fun little cards for my family and friends once a week. Maybe bring in some candy or treats for the people you work with. Get the positive juices flowing and remember, karma is a real thing.
- Plan something to look forward to. Whatever it is, it doesn't have to be Monday. In fact, I would recommend planning it for mid or later in the week. It feels so nice having something fun and exciting to look forward to outside of work. It doesn't have to break the bank either. Have a family member over, visit your neighbor or play a game! It could be just playing Uno!
"Monday" isn't the same day for everyone. Maybe it's not the same day each week. Maybe it's just the day you have meetings or appointments. Either way, make it awesome. You deserve to feel happy, grateful and light every day. I promise that one or all of the above will seriously help. Good luck!
source and credits: this wonderful article appeared on huffpost. Authored by
Lets make our next 31 days more awesome and much happier. A simple single task each day.
If you think happiness,contentment and peace is what you find missing despite everything you have achieved in life, you should read ahead-
A very successful power-couple was once jogging in the park. After few mins wife came and slumped next to her husband She had completed her 30-minute jog. They chatted for a while. She said she is not happy in life. Her husband looked up at her sheer disbelief since she seemed to have the best of everything in life.
"Why do you think so?" , He said. She replied - I don't know. Everyone tells I have everything needed, but I am not happy."Then the husband questioned himself, am I happy? "No," was his inner voice reply. Now, that was an eye-opener for him. He then began his quest to understand the real cause of his unhappiness, he couldn't find one.
He dug deeper, read articles, spoke to life coaches but nothing made sense. At last his doctor friend gave him the answer which put all his questions and doubts to rest.
This was his doctor friend said -
There are four hormones which determine a human's happiness - Endorphins, Dopamine, Serotonin, and Oxytocin. It is important we understand these hormones, as we need all four of them to stay happy.
1. Let's look at the first hormone the Endorphins. When we exercise, the body releases Endorphins. This hormone helps the body cope with the pain of exercising. We then enjoy exercising because these Endorphins will make us happy. Laughter is another good way of generating Endorphins. We need to spend 30 minutes exercising every day, read or watch funny stuff to get our day's dose of Endorphins.
2. The second hormone is Dopamine. In our journey of life, we accomplish many little and big tasks, it releases various levels of Dopamine. When we get appreciated for our work at the office or at home, we feel accomplished and good, that is because it releases Dopamine. This also explains why most housewives are unhappy since they rarely get acknowledged or appreciated for their work. Once, we join work, we buy a car, a house, the latest gadgets, a new house so forth. In each instance, it releases Dopamine and we become happy. Now, do we realize why we become happy when we shop?
3. The third hormone Serotonin is released when we act in a way that benefits others. When we transcend ourselves and give back to others or to nature or to the society, it releases Serotonin. Even, providing useful information on the internet like writing information blogs, answering people's questions on Quora or Facebook groups will generate Serotonin. That is because we will use our precious time to help other people via our answers or articles.
4. The final hormone is Oxytocin, is released when we become close to other human beings. When we hug our friends or family Oxytocin is released. Similarly, when we shake hands or put our arms around someone's shoulders, various amounts of Oxytocin is released.Now, we can understand why we need to hug a child who has a bad mood.
So, it is simple, we have to exercise every day to get Endorphins, we have to accomplish little goals and get Dopamine, we need to be nice to others to get Serotonin and finally hug our kids, friends, and families to get Oxytocin and we will be happy. When we are happy, we can deal with our challenges and problems better and lead a stress-free and healthier life.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. HealthCult does not claim responsibility for this information.
Getting a good night sleep is essential for overall well-being, fitness, healthy lifestyle and great productivity.
Here's a short video to help you adopt this habit with ease :